Our experts carefully and gently remove unwanted hair using SatinSmooth Waxes. We have four different types of waxes for best results. All of the technicians performing waxing services at John Taylor are trained estheticians. Call 309-786-7090 with any questions or to book your service.
In order to receive the best wax possible, we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- Hair length should be 1/4 inches
- Waxing may last from 1 week to 2 weeks depending on a person’s hair growth
- You may wax just before a vacation, however, it is recommended the first time should be done 4-6 weeks prior in case of any irritations for those who are extra sensitive.
First time waxes may hurt more than any performed after. It is best to take ibuprofen 30 minutes before waxing. We have an over the counter topical anesthetic available for purchase, this should be applied 45 mintues before waxing.
Some clients are prone to ingrown hair and bumps either from waxing and/or shaving. We have a product for post waxing to prevent any of these conditions.
Contraindications for waxing:
- If the skin is sunburned, waxing services should not be performed
- Should not be on menstrual cycle. This is much more painful due to heightened sensitivy. Not pleasant for your technician either.
- Should not tan 24 hours before or after waxing services.
- Pregnancy doesn’t prohibit waxing services. However, know that you will be more sensitive and can have possible bruising.
Back or Chest
Bikini wax removes hair at the apex of the leg. Anything outside of the panty line. This wax lasts 30 minutes.
Brazilian wax removes all hair from your nether regions. Your choice if you prefer any remaining strips or not. This wax lasts 30 minutes.
Sides of Face
3 Spot Face Wax